What do we do?
We are dedicated to the learning process of your Tiger through the programs we offer to assist with Reading, Math and Homework skills. We are made possible by the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant through the US Department of Education. Below you will see all that we do!
- AM Leadership - Mentoring, Assisting a certified teacher. Assist students K-3 with reading and math.
- AM Reading - K - 3rd Grade Focus on reading and fluency. Assistance with homework. Proving technology assisting the students to meet goals set in classroom with Lexia and Dreambox.
- Archery Club will focus on form and safety of archery. Starting with the basics, we will get students safely shooting while developing technique and a general feel for archery. The students will also be able to use their new knowledge and skills to try out for the TES archery team if they so desire. Whether students are just beginning archery or need to improve their already existing skills, this club is for them!
- Arts and Crafts Activities through arts and crafts provides multiple ways for every child to practice and apply critical thinking, to acquire and apply knowledge in meaningful ways, to discover and express their own experiences, to investigate creative ideas, to make new connections for themselves.
- Board Game Students will have the opportunity to pick a game of their choice from a variety of board/card games available. Students are allowed to play games with students of their choice, but are encouraged to interact with different students each week.
- Enrichment Students have the opportunity to learn about other countries: their people and culture; what foods they eat, games they play, and music they listen. This list is not all inclusive.
- Gaming Club Students will be using online computer games to enrich their core content learning in math, science, language and reading. There are many games that the students enjoy playing online at school; however, there is just never enough time. These games are fun and engaging, and students love to learn when they don't even realize they are doing so! If you are looking for content reinforcement for your student without adding extra "homework," then this club is for them!
- Homework Help Students have the opportunity to receive one-on-one support and encouragement on their homework in a safe and supportive environment. Assistance with homework is through a Certified Teacher and support staff.. Interaction with different members of the community, providing them with a positive role model
- Lego Club Let your imagination run free in this club! The Lego Club introduces students to real world engineering challenges by building and creating with LEGO elements to complete tasks. Students will be challenged to design and build creatively, using critical thinking, team building and problem-solving skills.
- Photography Club will focus on the mathematics of a great photograph. Students will gain hands on application of photography while being encouraged to utilize team participation and career building skills.
- Snack/Transition/Restroom (K-5)USDA Snack provided for all students in the Tigers Beyond the Bell program.
- TES Rally Club This club will create posters and bulletin boards to promote school spirit for academics, sports, and other activities. Students will learn how to construct posters with information that persuade or inform students of upcoming events, as well as demonstrating school spirit. This club will reinforce writing and language arts standards.